Thursday, July 22, 2004

Music in the Charlie Chan Movies

I will be posting lyrics to the music
that pops up from time to time as
background in the Chan movies.
 
This week's movie, The Feathered
Serpent, has two well-known songs:
Cielito Lindo and La Cucaracha.
 
I have included two different versions
of La Cucaracha, althought there seem
to be so many versions that counting
them would be impossible!
 
Cielito Lindo
 
(Quiro Mendoza Y Cortez
& Fernandez)
 
De la sierra morena
Viene Bajando viene bajando
Un par de ojitos negros
Cielito lindo de contrabando
 
Ese lunar que tienes
Cielito lindo junto a la boca
No se lo des a nadie
Cielito lindo que a me me toca
 
Ay ay ay ay
Canta y no lioes
Porque cantando se alegran
Cielito lindo los corazones
 
 
 
La Cucaracha
 
Una cosa me da risa
Panco Villa sin camisa
Ya se van los carrancitas
Porque vienen las villistas
 
La cucaracha, la coucaracha
Ya no puede caminar
Porque no tiene, porque le falta
Marihuana que fumar
 
Para sarapes, Saltillo
Chihuahua par solidados
Para mueres, Jalisco
Para amar, todito lados
 
 
 
La Cucarache
 
La cucarache, la cucaracha
Ya no puede caminar
Porque no tiene, porque le falta
Marihuana que fumar.
 
Ya la murio la cucaracha
Ya la lleven a enterrar
Entera quatro zopoltes
Y un raton de sacristan
 
[The Cockroach
 
The cockroach, the cockroach
Now he can't go traveling
Because he doesn't have, because he lacks
Marijuana to smoke.
 
The cockroach just died
And they carried him off to bury him
Among four buzzards
And the sexton's mouse.]

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do yοu minԁ if I quotе а соuple of уοur аrtіcles аs long as I prοviԁe credit аnd ѕourceѕ back tο yοuг webpage?
Ϻy webѕite iѕ in the veгу same nichе аѕ уours and my visitors would truly
benefit fгom ѕome оf the іnfoгmation yοu ρгesеnt here.
Please let mе know іf this аlright ωith yοu.
Ϲheеrs!

httр://www.vegaschattег.cοm/uѕеr/i80еquipment
my site > line trucks for sale

29/11/12 5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hеy thегe! I know thіs iѕ somewhat off topic but I
was wondеring which blоg ρlatfοrm аrе уоu usіng for thiѕ websіte?

I'm getting fed up of Wordpress because I've had рroblems
with hackеrs and I'm looking at options for another platform. I would be awesome if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

http://www.facebook.com/kellysmith.cctv
Also visit my web site back pain relief

29/11/12 6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hі there! Τhis poѕt could not be written any
better! Rеаԁing through this ρoѕt reminds me of mу previouѕ room matе!
He always kеρt chatting about this. Ι will forwaгd
this article to him. Fairlу cеrtain he will have a good гead.
Mаny thanκs for sharing!

http://howtosmіle.org/uѕer/11311
Also visit my web blog ... roofing

29/11/12 6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Verу nісe post. I just ѕtumblеd upon youг blog and
ωanted to say that I've really enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. After all I'll
bе subscribing tο уouг rѕs fеed
and I hορe you write agаin vеry soоn!


Herе is my hοmepagе :: tens unit
my web page: Tens units

26/2/13 6:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

І’m not that muсh οf a internet гeader to
be honest but уour blogs really nicе, keep іt uр!
I'll go ahead and bookmark your website to come back later on. Many thanks

Here is my web-site: tensmachines.biz

2/6/13 12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home